High Frequency Vacuum
High Frequency Vacuum is a combination of ultrasonic sound waves, radio frequency, vacuum suction and infrared light.
This revolutionary technology combines ultrasound, radio frequency and vacuum therapy for a highly potent body sculpting treatment. It is an easy and highly effective non-surgical alternative for liposuction resulting in breakdown of fat cells and increase in collagen production for a tighter and firmer skin. Ultrasound accurately targets fat and cellulite, transmitting powerful sound energy pulses into the fat. This damages the fat cells, causing them to shrink. Radio frequency uses energy to heat the deeper layers of tissue, reducing the size of the fat cells, promoting collagen production and increasing blood flow. Vacuum therapy improves blood circulation, lymphatic drainage, soothes the underlying fat layers and increases elasticity. All three modalities work synergistically for effective fat removal, cellulite reduction, body shaping, and skin tightening.
Ultrasonic refers to sound frequency. An Ultrasonic Cavitation hand piece will make a sound we cannot hear while it is vibrating. We measure the vibration times per second as sound frequency, and refer to this as Hertz. Humans can hear from 20 hertz to 20,000 hertz. We are unable to hear anything above or below these levels. Therefore, sound waves with frequency above 20,000 hertz we call Ultrasonic. A Megahertz is 1,000,000 hertz; we refer to as MHz Usually an ultrasonic frequency of 1MHz to 5MHz is used for various medical treatments. The lower the megahertz the stronger the treatment. It is highly penetrative and directional.
The vibration of ion (positive and negative alternation of sound waves) produces a strong wave of pressure to fat cell membranes. Usually a fat cell membrane cannot withstand this pressure, it will explode into the liquid content. This liquid product leaves the body through the normal channels of the body’s metabolism.
Ultrasonic Cavitation results are due to the quantity of fat cells being destroyed and removed from the body’s environment for fat storage.
Ultrasonic cavitation technology enables concentrated sonic energy to be directed only at localised treatment areas, and is thus capable of selectively disrupting the subcutaneous fat cells through thousands of microscopic implosions impacting the fat cell membranes. After breakdown of adipose tissue (fat cell membrane), the fat is released into the interstitial fluid between the cells, where they are enzymatically metabolised to glycerol and free fatty acids. Water-soluble glycerol travels into the circulatory system used for new energy generation whereas the insoluble free fatty acids enter the liver where they are decomposed like any other simple fatty acid.
Radio Frequency and Vacuum Explained
Radio Frequency treatments are designed as a way to remove fat in the body in a very targeted way. It is pain free, completely safe, carries no unpleasant side affects and is totally non-invasive.
We use a hand held probe which is moved over the skin. The probe pulls the tissue inside by means of a vacuum and then the radio frequency wave hits the fat cell and causes the walls to become weak and the contents to become liquid. The liquid fat is then transferred to your body’s systems to be disposed of through the body’s natural metabolism. At the same time, the radio frequency wave encourages the body to produce new collagen which has the effect of tightening and toning the skin and improving its appearance.
Radio Frequency Theory
Radio Frequency can be delivered in either or a combination of three modes; Mono-polar, Bi-polar and Tri-polar. Each mode uses a specific electrode that delivers energy in different patterns and at different depths for selective treatment of skin and fat. The radio frequency assists in the metabolism of large fat granules previously ruptured by the cavitation treatment, forcing the excretion of triglycerides and skin tightening.
The dermis and subcutaneous layer are heated simultaneously forcing collagen fibres to contract. The contracting fibres pull and tighten the skin, creating an immediate effect. Fibroblasts’ metabolism increases, producing new collagen fibres leaving a long term effect.
Most of the Radio Frequency energy enters into the deeper dermal layer, causing the dermal layer of skin to thicken, decreasing wrinkle depth, leaving the skin firmer with contour lifted. The original collagen protein becomes strengthened to increase the new collagen protein as a result of the radio frequency stimulating the skin.
Targeted Radio Frequency waves can:
- Immediately shorten the existing collagen fibres, thereby offering an immediate skin tightening/lifting effect.
- Stimulate the fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin fibres, thereby offering a separate skin tightening effect.
- Stimulate the adipocytes to release fat into the bloodstream and physically damage a number of them(adipocytes are very “fragile” cells, in comparison to fibroblasts or other tissue cells).
Action of Cavitation, Vacuum and Radio Frequency
By using Ultrasound, high-frequency RF and vacuum technologies combined, direct access is significantly increased to the deeper fat cells, bringing fat cells to a fast-active state from the ultrasonic waves and production of localised heat, so that effective blood circulation occurs.
This increased localised blood circulation within the dermis tightens sagging or loose aging skin. Your skin will have its elasticity improved aided by an increased metabolic activity. Then with the aid of the vacuum, the sweat glands and lymphatic system the excess fat and toxins are excreted out of the body. This vacuum suction further dissolves fat cells, strengthens the integrity of cells mitochondria, enhancing blood and lymph circulation with metabolism benefits.
Questions and Answers
- Three days before beginning treatments clients are advised to drink at least 2 litres of water per day. This is so that the Ultrasound and Radio Frequency waves can target water molecules under the skins surface and so the more that are available the more successful the treatment will be. It is also advisable to do the same for 3 days after the treatment.
- Follow a low fat, moderate protein, low glycaemic diet.
- Do some soft exercise. Especially after the treatment to stimulate the lymphatic and urinary systems. Otherwise the fat can get staged again in the same area.
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturised.
- No tanning.
- No hot shower, bath or sauna after the treatment.
- Individuals with acute or contagious disease or skin conditions, wounds or sores
- Autoimmune diseases, HIV or AIDS
- A history of cancer, kidney failure, liver failure or fatty liver
- Heart disease, implant devices such as pacemakers or electrical prosthesis
- Individuals with epilepsy or MS
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- Anyone who has had a surgical procedure in the target area within the past 6 months
- During menstruation
- Thyroid disease and other hormonal disorders.
- High blood pressure or circulation problems
- Deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins, epilepsy
- Haemorrhagic disease, trauma, vascular rupture
- Intrauterine device avoid abdomen
- Treatment with anti-inflammatories, anticoagulants, antibiotics