IPL Hair Analysis Consultation
IPL Laser hair removal is a popular choice of treatment for permanent hair reduction. Before undergoing laser hair removal, it is important to have a thorough consultation and follow the recommendations for pre-treatment preparation and post-treatment care.
Why is a consultation so important?
At Derma Solution all of our consultations are provided by a fully qualified nurse who is a experienced, skin specialist and will give you a personalised insight into your laser treatment and should advise you of exactly what you can expect from your laser hair removal treatment.
This is your opportunity to ask as many questions as you need to ensure that you are both informed and comfortable with your decision to undergo laser hair removal.
During your consultation, our nurse will need to ask you questions too, as certain medical conditions and medications or just simple sun exposure could cause complications. Our nurse will take the time to discuss your skin type, hair texture, medical history and also talk about what you should expect from your Laser Hair Removal Treatment before you go ahead. During this consultation our nurse will also outline the cost of your treatments and how many treatments you will need for maximum results.
All of our consultations are free of charge. We believe in giving you confidence before binding into a treatment plan. We offer long term solutions that are in the best interest of all our customers.
It is important to ensure that you prepare for your laser hair removal treatment in the best possible way. The following are some pre-treatment instructions to help you along the way to successful laser hair removal:
- 1. Do not wax, tweeze or pluck within 4 weeks before commencing treatment or at anytime during treatment.
- 2. Shave the area to be treated within 24 hours before your treatment, particularly for Brazilian Laser and where there are larger areas to be treated (such as full legs, back or chest) otherwise treatment may not be possible on the day or an additional charge may be applied should treatment be possible.NOTE: Hair removal Cream can be used outside of 24 hours before treatment. Bleach should not be used prior to laser treatment.
- 3. Treatment should not be provided to clients that are recently tanned or sun burnt, therefore please stay out of the sun and avoid the use of tanning beds and self-tanning creams for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- 4. It is best not to wear makeup on any area to be treated.
Once you have undergone your Laser Hair Removal treatment, you should follow some post-treatment instructions to make the most of your treatment:
- 1. Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater. Our nurse will recommend the right product for your specific needs.
- 2. Small red marks or bumps may be present directly around the treated hairs. This is normal. Ice packs or a cold press may be applied as necessary.
- 3. Treated hairs may fall out over a 7-21 days’ period. As the hair follicle dissipates during this period, it is recommended you use a suitable exfoliating scrub to remove dead hairs (do not use within 7 days of treatment). The hair may also appear stunned and will not grow in length as before. Some ‘peppering’ may be evident for up to 21 days after treatment as the body sheds the dead hair. Our nurse can recommend a suitable exfoliating product for your specific needs.
- 4. Moisturisers and other skin care products may be recommended to use after laser treatment.
Book your FREE laser hair removal consultation with one of our experienced practitioners today we can solve your unwanted hair concerns! We use only the best medical grade lasers for every laser hair removal treatment. The fully trained staff have over 5 years of experience combined working with a variety of skin types.